CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Trying To Find The Right Words To Say

Its been a few days since I posted something. I have been reading post that a few of my blog buddies have written and it got me to thinking about what could I say to them to help them. I pray for them each day and I know thats the best thing I could ever do but what words can I say to them or what scriptures can I give them. I have been praying, reading my Bible, and just searching for something to write. As I was looking I came across a poem that I want to share.

These words may be too small to read so I am going to write what it says....
One night a man had a dream. He dreamed
he was walking along the beach with the LORD.

Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.
For each scene he noticed two sets of
footprints in the sand: one belonging
to him, and the other to the LORD.


When the last scene of his life flashed before him,
he looked back at the footprints in the sand.

He noticed that many times along the path of
his life there was only one set of footprints.


He also noticed that it happened at the very
lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really bothered him and he
questioned the LORD about it:

"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow
you, you'd walk with me all the way.
But I have noticed that during the most
troublesome times in my life,
there is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why when
I needed you most you would leave me."


The LORD replied:

"My son, my precious child,
I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you

This is so true. When we are at our lowest points in our life, God is there to carry us through them. Praise God for that. Also I am going to attach some scriptures that may help.



“And He said unto me, “My grace is sufficient for thee: for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.II Corinthians 12:9

“The Lord is near to those who are broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.Psalm 34:18

“But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint.” Isaiah 40:31

“Take heed that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that in heaven their angels always see the face of My Father who is in heaven.” Matthew 18:10

“Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.” Matthew 5:4


I hope that the poem and the scriptures help you. I know that we always want to know the whys and don't understand them but God does know. He has a plan for each and everyone of our lives. Its through him that we find our strength. I am going to leave you with this. When we question God about the things he does like taking our children and wonder how He could do such a thing to us, we don' think about how He lost his Son too. He allowed his Son to die on the cross so that we could be forgiven for our sins and have eternal life in Heaven with him. Yes I am sure the reason he turned his head as Jesus hung on the cross was because if He would have watched, He would have changed his mind because of what his Son had to go through. I am leaving you with this:
"For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16
How great it feels to know that He loved us enough to sacrifice His own Son for us. Thank God for his LOVE!!!


“For You formed my inward parts, You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth, Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they were all written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them.” Psalm 139:13-16

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Landon and Maddox

Landon

Maddox