CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 4, 2011

Life is like a roller coaster


Derick and I started dating when I was 15 years old and he was 17 years old. Was our relationship always perfect? No, we had many up and downs. We dated for 8 years before we got married. I knew he was the one I was supposed to marry because I had been praying for a good Christian boyfriend and God sent him to me. We broke up a time or two but not for long because we knew that we loved each other and that we wanted to be together. We got married Dec 2, 2006 and that is when life really got fun. He graduated from the University of Alabama with a degree in Electrical Engineering in 2005 and I was still attending the University and majoring in Business. I receive my Associate's Degree in Business from Shelton State Community College in May of 2005 and was trying to finsh with my BS in Business. Little did I know that I wasn't going to finish school at The University of Alabama, Derick got offered a job that would be any man's dream come true. He is now empoyed by PowerSouth Energy Corp. I found a college to attend so I could finish up my degree but little did we know that we were going to have our first little bundle of joy. I got pregnant with Landon and I know he was a gift form God because he wasn't planned.  Having Landon was one of the greatest joys in our life but it did put me behind in school again. After I had Landon I started back to school and right when we thought things were getting back to normal, we found out we were expecting our second little bundle of joy, which was not planned either. I can remember the day that I found out just like it was yesterday. Landon and I were home by ourselves and I took the test and it said positive. I started crying and Landon didnt know what to think. He said whats wrong mommy? I just told him nothing then I called my cousin and was crying and she is like calm down, whats wrong and I told her that I was pregnant again and she told me it would be okay and that she was heading over. When she got to my house, I was still crying and she was like, it will be okay. And I can remember telling her that I didn't know how I was going to be able to tell Derick and she said well ( The reason why I will never forget this day is because it was on the day of the National Championship)if Alabama wins then he will be happy and you can tell him and if they lose, I dont know what to tell you lol. I was like we can't afford another baby right now, my nerves can't handle another baby, Landon is still my baby, but little did I know that everything happens for a reason. Telling Derick was the easiest part about it. He was so happy. I realized that God has a reason for everything. He gave me two healthy boys and he has been there to supply our needs. Yes Derick and I did lose our first child but God had a greater plan, He gave us two healthy boys who are our lives. We love them so much and I thank God for them daily.
Landon, Mommy, and Daddy ( I laid out by the pool and got burnt the day before I had him lol)
                                                                 June 26, 2008


Maddox and Mommy!!! September 3, 2010

Proud Big Brother!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Landon and Maddox

Landon

Maddox